James Barber APFS
I am a Chartered Financial Planner predominantly providing advice to individuals, specialising in offering solutions for wealth creation, wealth preservation, inheritance tax planning, and retirement planning. In my spare time I enjoy playing golf, football and spending time with family and friends.
I joined the financial services industry in 2013 with Virgin Money in their Retirement and Insurance Solutions team as an apprentice. Following this I moved to Helm Godfrey IFA’s as an administrator, progressing into a Paraplanner role and obtaining my CII Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning.
I started with DGS IFA Ltd as a paraplanner in September 2018, with the view of progressing my career within a first-class wealth management firm. I have since achieved Chartered Financial Planner status and enjoy providing comprehensive holistic advice to my clients to ensure that their individual needs and requirements are met.
Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning
- R01 – Financial Services, Regulation and Ethics
- R02 – Investment Principles and Risk
- R03 – Personal Taxation
- R04 – Pensions and Retirement Planning
- R05 – Financial Protection
- R06 – Financial Planning Practice
- R07 – Advanced Mortgage Advice
Further Chartered Insurance Institute Exams:
- CF6 – Mortgage Advice
- CF8 – Long Term Care Insurance
- J10 – Discretionary Investment Management
- ER1 – Equity Release
- LP2 – Financial Services, Products and Solutions
- AF4 – Investment Planning
- AF5 – Financial Planning Process
- AF6 – Senior Management and Supervision
- AF8 – Retirement Income Planning