Paul Matthews FPFS
As a Financial Planner and pension specialist, I work mainly with individuals to build long term relationships and create strategies / structures to protect their wealth and attain financial independence, giving the financial freedom to eventually work through choice, not necessity.
I joined the Financial Services industry with Friends Provident in 1994 and have worked for a number of large Financial Institutions as a Regional Sales Manager, including Friends Provident, Aviva, Old Mutual and Fidelity.
I decided to use the knowledge gathered while working with Financial Advisers, Investment Fund Managers, Private Banks, and technical experts to become an IFA myself. The most enjoyable part of the roles I’ve held has been the interaction with so many people from different walks of life and the most rewarding part of my role is helping people achieve their goals, whether that be planning for a retirement dream or saving to buy a first home.
- AF3 – Pension Planning
- AF4 – Investment Planning
- AF5 – Financial Planning Process
- AF7 – Pension Transfers
- AF8 – Retirement Income Planning
- IMC – Investment Management Certificate
- J04 – Pension Funding Options
- J05 – Pension Income Options
- J06 – Investment Principles, Markets and Environment
- J10 – Discretionary Investment Management
- J11 – Wrap and Platforms Services
- RO8 – Pensions Update
- ER1 – Certificate in Equity Release
- CF6 – Mortgage Advice
- CF9 – Pension Simplification
- FPC – Financial Planning Certificate